OVERHEATS WHILE GOING UPHILL

1993 Toyota Celica • 234,000 miles

Its overheats going uphill then goes back to normal operating temp
Rodgers72143

Check to make sure the coolant is full and the fans are working. If they are both good, check the thermostat and flush the radiator to see if that helps.

Did all that but when I flushed the radiator I only used water I didn't use the radiator flush. Is it a possibility the head gasket could be blown

Rodgers72143
It is possible. Are you getting any coolant coming out of the overflow?

It did a couple weeks ago but now its just shooting out steam and bubbling(boiling) sounds in the resivoir

Rodgers72143
Allow the engine to cool off. Refill the radiator and overflow. Start the engine with the rad cap off. If coolant shoots out, you have a headgasket issue.

Let me know what you find.

If I'm not mistaken I think it did the other day but I'll check and let you know then we can go from there

Rodgers72143
Sounds good. Let me know and have a great Thanksgiving.

As bad as I hate to say it. It shot out. So now where do I go from here

Rodgers72143
Then you have a bad head gasket. Pressure from cylinders is getting into the cooling system. That is what causes the coolant to shoot out. I wish I had better answer for you.

Thanks. You were a great great help. Happy thanksgiving

Rodgers72143