WHAT ARE THE ARMS THAT THE EMERGENCY BRAKE CABLE ATTACHES TO CALLED? THEY ARE NOT INCLUDED WHEN YOU BUY THE BRAKE CALIPER OR CALIPER MOUNTS.

1993 Saturn SL2 • 4 cylinder 2WD Manual • 130,000 miles

My emergency brake has only grabbed 1 tire since I got my 93 saturn sl2 and now just recently it wont grab either one, I took off the center counsole and rigged up the remaining cable so it would be tighter without the bracket the one side that didnt grab the arm on the caliper is ceased up and I have a feeling thats the cable I was rigging up and the one that did work snapped. My question is what is the arm that the ebrake cable hooks onto called? I was looking on rock auto but didnt know exactly what to even look for. I am planning on replacing both ebrake arms that are mounted to the caliper and both cables for safe measure so I can stop putting the car in gear when I have to park it. Any suggestions?
Blackboy454

Wow you started a new question lol.I dont know the name of the arm from what I remember the arm came with the factory calipers when I replaced them. You are talking about the arm that turns the caliper out for the parking brake correct?Your talking about the arm that holds the cable to the caliper?

Yes that is what im referring to. I havnt needed to post for a while because the car is running great. Still only 133 thousand on it just replaced the battery, serpentine belt and alternator. But my ebrake doesnt work at all right now. One cable underneath is snapped and the other cable is attached to a ebrake arm that is ceased.
Would you reccomend just geting a cable for the one side so I have at least something? But if you do I would still like to have it grab both tires.

Blackboy454
Well I looked a little closer on rock auto and I found calipers that have the arm attached to them. Only problem is that would mean getting a new caliper all together and a cable for the one side but at least its not both calipers and both cables. So then if I answered my own question I will answer this now. How do you go about replacing the cable? Does it just pull out?

Blackboy454
You pretty much answered your own question I saw the caliper with the bracket on it. The ebrake cable exits the car to the outside thru a groument under the back seat.