93 / SECURITY LIGHT

1993 Pontiac Bonneville • 6 cylinder 4WD Automatic • 185,000 miles

93 Pontiac Bonneville, my security light flashes and my car will not start it might take minutes, hours, or days for it to start. When the light is still and not flashing it will start and while im driving the light stays on. I have had the car for 8yrs. And have never had this problem and didn't know that it had security on it. Someone tried to steal it and I had to put another steering collar on it and replace the blinker switch on it. Then I started having this problem, can someone please help!
Vetola25

So you never had a problem with the security till someone tried to steal the car?Also what did you replace the ignition cylinder key column?The more details the bettery were they new or used parts?

They had broke it on the left below the blinkers so they can use a screw driver to start it and thats how I had to start it before I got it fixed

Vetola25
No I never had a problem with the security light and it was a used column same make, model, and year as mine

Vetola25
Alright again what parts were replaced please list them and were they new or used parts?Also you never had the security light on before they broke what they broke?

No never had problem with security light before, the column that has the ignition key on it, it was a used one with the same make, model and year

Vetola25
Not the steering wheel but the part thats after the wheel the neck part I don't know the name of it but it has the turn signal switch on it and the ignition switch on it

Vetola25
I guess they broke the steering column, the guy who fixed it said I needed a new steering column cause u can see the switch on left below the turn signal and I was able to use a screw driver and push it down to start my car

Vetola25
Try what I posted and lets go from there.

Since you used parts sounds like you brought the problems from the car you got the parts off of.