TIMING CHAIN GASKET & INTAKE MANIFOLD GASKET SET REPLACEMENT

1993 Oldsmobile Ciera • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 250,000 miles

I have a anti coolant leak that shows up on top of motor and a leak near the coolant reservoir. Was told I need a intake manifold gasket set and a timing chain gasket set. Is this repair worth doing? Does these part mean I need a vehicle because the motor is going bad? I have over 250,000 on a 93olds cutless circa.
Cher

No, replacing gaskets is not uncommon. You have to compare the cost of repair vs the cost of buying another vehicle. Those decisions are yours to make. I wouldn't replace a vehicle because of a gasket, if that is the only problem.

Thank you for the reply. My car runs very good, wanted to make sure I was not wasting money on a situation that was just a cover for something far more worst like my motor going bad. The cost for the repairs is going to cost $527.00 this includes labor, parts and tax. I would rather fix this common problem than to have to come up with a lot more money for another vehicle, that is not available at this time. Again thank you. Your answer was very helpful.

Cher
You could ask around two or three different shops, get a repair estimate. See if they are all about the same price?