PROBLEMS

1993 Nissan 300ZX • 6 cylinder 2WD Manual • 93,500 miles

I have a 1993 300zx n/a 5 speed. When I crank it the rpms fluctuate, then while driving down the road it jumps and******. You can feel it in the rear of the car, but when you punch it & to through the gears it reacts fine. I'm clueless about this car so I'm looking for some help thanks!
Turner242

Symptoms indicates a likely fault with the distributor, ignition coil, igniter control module or poor ground circuit connections of the distributor or engine control unit.

So what would be the best way to check for the problem?

Turner242
Your vehicle should be Distributorless Ignition (EI) and the I would suggest testing the ignition coil and power transistor.

Ignition Coil Resistance

Disconnect ignition coil connector. Check primary resistance between terminals "B" and "C" of ignition coil connector. See Fig. 6. Resistance should be about 0.75 ohm. If resistance is not as specified, replace ignition coil.

Power Transistor Circuits
Disconnect power transistor unit connector. Check continuity at each power transistor unit terminal. See Fig. 9. If continuity is not as specified, replace power transistor.