MITSUBISHI EXPO GAS PROBLEM

1993 Mitsubishi Expo • 123,000 miles

I have 1993 Mitsubishi Expo LRV. The car was not running for 5-6 months. Changed the Spark plugs and the wires from distributors to spark plugs. Cleaned the air flow switch. It started and I was able to run the car for 2-3 miles. Now it does not start. The tank still has the old fuel which is 6 months old. I have added 1 gallon of new gas, thinking it was low on fuel. What do u think the problem could be. I opened the gas line that connects to fuel injector. Gave the car a one second start, the fuel was shooting out ok. So to me the gas pump and the fuel filter are ok. Oh right after I connected the pipe to fuel injector and tied the nuts, the car started but it was running rough, few sec later the engine died again and wont start.

Check the actual fuel pressure first.

You may need to drop the tank, drain the fuel, replace the pump and filter and flush all the lines