PROBLEM OPENING POWER CAR DOOR LOCKS

1993 Mazda MX3 • 200,010 miles

When I click my remote to open my 2 door car the 2 actuators will fire to lock, but NOT to open. I boughtnew actuators and imstalled and the same problem exists. I am not an electrician, but from what I've read online it sounds like the problem is with the control switch. If you agree. How can I find the switch (what do they tend to look like and where would it be located) I've followed the wires to under the dashboard beneath the steering wheel and there are many possible items. PS my car is older and does not have a computer system.
Thank You,
Tom
Tommiller1

My car does not have an electric lock/unlock switch on the door panel. Is that what's considered the "control switch?" I have a manual open/close switch on the doors. If I don't have a "control switch" maybe my problem is with the circuit breaker or my car alarm control unit (not sure what is called)

Tommiller1
The attached diagram is the schematic of the power lock system and symptom indicates the relay inside the control module for unlocking is bad. You can remove the control unit and replace the relay but it would required some soldering work, unless you are going to replace the control unit.

Yes, the door switch at door panel is the lock and unlock switch as described. To test if the switch is working, use a test light to probe the Green/Red wire and ground other end. Press the switch to unlock position and if test light lights up, it means the switch is good and my previous answer is correct.

If test light does not light up, apply battery voltage to the Green/Red wire (You can bridge the Blue/Red and Gree/Red) and if doors unlocks, the switch is bad.

Thanks for the schemetic and the great advice. I appreciate it. Last question: Where do you expect that I would find the "control module" on my car? And could you send along a picture of one, so I can recognize it.
Take care

Tommiller1
There is one part that I misread, the one about the door switch. If you do not have on on the door panel, it means it is inside the door panel or attached to actuator. You use the door knob to lock and unlock from inside vehicle.

The control module is called the door lock timer and is behind left side of dash.

Ok, I recognize that part. Thanks again

Tommiller1