WHICH IS THE HIGH PRESSURE (SUPPLY) LINE AT THE FUEL RAIL?

1993 Lincoln Town Car • 250,000 miles

Can't follow the fuel lines up to the rail all the way, so it is almost impossible to tell which line from the rear goes to which side.
Lincolnman

The inside diameter is larger on the supply line.

Thanks. I appreciate your response very much. I found that the two lines look exactly the same from the outside. I was hoping one could tell by whether it was the one closer to the front of the engine or the one toward the back of the rail. The pressure regulator is not directly connected to either one, so that did not help. I just didn't want to take them apart or cut a line to tell.

Lincolnman
Why are you cutting them? They separate easily with a tool for collapsing the spring.

First, poor people don't have money for special tools. Second, the lines are rusting out and leaking. Am replacing them with proper high pressure hose for the supply and regular fuel hose for the return. Like I mentioned, can't follow them up the area between the frame rail and the engine compartment. Afraid to get them reversed.

Lincolnman
Ok, there are repair kits for the lines but due to high pressure and fuel, regular hose will not hold. This is from expierence.
The tools are plastic and run under 10 at a parts store. You can rent them by paying for them and then get your money back when you return them.

Right, you've got to use high pressure fuel injector system hose for the supply line.

Still don't know which line to put it on. Can follow the line from the fuel filter only so far.

Lincolnman