I HAVE A THAT I NEED TO EITHER HAVE A KEY MADE FOR OR REMOVE THE IGNITION TO SWITCH IT.

1993 Lincoln Mark VIII • 80,000 miles

We lost the keys to our 93 Lincoln Mark VIII and since it is over 10 years old Lincoln has no record of it. Is there any way to have a key made short of getting a locksmith. Or can I get the ignition out without a locksmith? Please help, I lost the key and it is a car I bought for my wife.
Tabbycat

Call the locksmith and see what they say.

Fixitmr
Why did I pay for answers on two different cars and payments and only got answers that I already told you I knew/ I am very disappointed in this site even though I have used it before successfully? Someone please help? I paid for answers and got nothing that helps. Tab

Tabbycat
This is all I got for you for the ignition switch-sorry no pic-unsatisfied request for refund

Removal & Installation (Continental, Crown Victoria, Grand Marquis, Mark VIII, Sable, Taurus & Town Car)
Disconnect negative battery cable. On models with tilt wheel, adjust steering wheel to lowest position and remove tilt lever. On all models, remove lock cylinder. See LOCK CYLINDER (FUNCTIONAL) or LOCK CYLINDER (NON-FUNCTIONAL) under REMOVAL & INSTALLATION.
Remove upper and lower shrouds. Remove combination switch from housing. Remove wiring harness retainer. Unplug electrical connectors from combination switch. To install, reverse removal procedure.

Remove steering wheel. See STEERING WHEEL. Remove combination switch. See COMBINATION SWITCH under REMOVAL & INSTALLATION. Unplug ignition switch electrical connector. Remove shift lock cable mount bracket.
Remove steering column upper mount bolts. Lower steering column. Use cold chisel to make groove on heads of lock cylinder bolts. Remove and discard mount bolts. Remove lock cylinder and bracket. To install, reverse removal procedure. Tighten mounting bolts until heads break off.

Disconnect negative battery cable. Remove combination switch. See COMBINATION SWITCH under REMOVAL & INSTALLATION. Unplug ignition switch connector. Remove mounting screws and ignition switch. To install, reverse removal procedure.

COMBINATION SWITCH

You don't seem to understand ! You keep giving me stuff I can't use. I don't have a key therefore I can't remove the ignition because you need a key to do it and I don't want to remove it unless I have no choice but cannot do that unless I have a key anyway. I need to know how to get the lock cylinder out without a key as I don't have one of I need to find out how to get a key without calling a locksmith. I don't know how many different ways I can explain the problem to make you understand.

Tabbycat
Spend money on replacement used column WITH key instead of locksmith?

Fixitmr