CAR NOT READING ON DIAGNOSTIC

1993 Lexus SC 400 • 69,000 miles

I Have a 1993 Lexus SC400. I bought a diagnostic tester Innova 1203 CANOBDI and I cannot get this car to read. It just comes back no data. I bought a test light and it has power going to the connections. The car runs for awhile then when it heats up it just goes blog. The RPMS go with my foot off the gas when it is idiling. The car runs rough, like it wants to die. I have to keep my foot on the gas peddle to keep it running. I changed out my fuel filter 2 times and the fuel pump. I just do not understand why the computer won't read on the diagnostic? Can you help?
Johnsikorski

Those aftermarket scan tools dont always work on the cars they say they will especially the diyer ones been there done that. The earlier imports reading codes with scan tools gets dicey.I posted how to retrive the codes by flashing the codes out let me know how that works. Also what codes you have.

Thank you will let you know!

Johnsikorski
Let me know what codes you come up with.

Can you tell me how do I know when the throttle valve is closed? Also can you send me a diagram of where the trottle body is located on this car 1993 Lexus SC400?

Johnsikorski
With your foot off the gas pedal the throttle body should be at the opposite end of your air box.

So what does that mean? How do I know if it is closed?

Johnsikorski
Remove the air cleaner hose to check.

Thank you. I will let you know what I find.

Johnsikorski