HOW COME MY THROTTLE BODY IS STUCK IN A OPEN POSITION

1993 Lexus GS 300 • 200,000 miles

I just post a question about my car idling problems come to find out my throttle body is stuck in the open position. Now what to do.I tryed to clean it still won't close
Terrell brandon

IS this fully open or just part open? Also I can't access my data base just now, so can you advise if cable throttle or drive by wire, I am thinking it will be cable, just want to be sure.

Mhpautos
Yes fully open their are two cables I can give it gas

Terrell brandon
Have you unhooked the cables and see if the throttle sets back to idle? If so one of the cables will be sticking if not the throttle body will be the problem and possibly the TPI sensor may be stuck.

Mhpautos
When I turn the key to the on position moves but won't close

Terrell brandon
I will have to have a read up on the system, I will post what I find.

Mhpautos
Thank you

Terrell brandon
The throttle opener is not adjustable, notes say the throttle body should be replaced, see pic for this from Mitchell 1, I would still get a mechanic to check this first hand to confirm the diagnosis.

Mhpautos
Is it the IAC or throttle plate you are referring to?

The flap in the front.

Terrell brandon
Actually the flap would not close until the engine is started. During key on, this is normal. If the throttle plate is fully opened, the engine would be screaming when started as the throttle is fully opened.

I did not see your first question, what is the exact problem you are facing?

Page 1 of 2