HOW DO I RESET THE ALARM SO I CAN START MY CAR?

1993 Jaguar XJS • 50,000 miles

I can not start my car. I can not lock or unlock my car. I can unlock my car with my key. AAA came and could not start the car. Battery is good.
Sashanman

Maybe this will work.
The specific sequence to enable security system programming for 1993 and 1994 XJ6 is: Ignitition key off
Security switch )in center console) on
Ignition on, position 1
Security switch off
Ignition off
Toggle security switch 5 times.

At this point, you should hear a tone which notifies you that the system is in programing mode and you could program a remote, if you had one. My guess is that you would be able to start the car at this point.

Fixitmr
Thank you. It worked. The alarm is beeping and will not unlock or lock the car. I can start the car.

Sashanman
Oops. How many remotes do you have? There are 5 remote learning slots. You must fill all slots even if you dont have 5 remotes. After initial chirp/headlight flash, Press arm/lock you should hear 1 tone. Rock valet 1 time you should hear 2 chirps press arm/lock of same or another remote, hear2 tones, rock valet 1 time, 3 chirps, etc up to 5.

Fixitmr