WHY DO MY BRAKES NOT GRAB HARD ENOUGH TO STOP?

1993 Honda Del Sol • 154,000 miles

I have a 93 Honda Del Sol Si and recently when I press the brake pedal it doesn't stop as good as I have noticed. I usually down shift to slow down so i'm not sure if this problem just arrived or its been like this since i've purchased the car. I've checked the brake pads and seem to be low but the warning squeal hasn't started yet. I have also noticed the e-brake isn't holding very well especially when i'm on a slight hill. The car will stop but they don't bite down very hard. Is this just a common problem in Del Sol's or is it because the back brake calipers are smaller than the front? Please Help.

Patrick
Grabber93

You have a problem with the brake system and it could be the quality of the pads. The E-brakes not holding indicates the rear brakes are either sticking or could be the e-brake cable. If the E-brake cables are not adjusted correctly, you would have the problem as well.

So my best bet would be to get it checked out locally which is where I have the car right now for a free brake inspection and then depending on what they say check the e-brake cable for adjustment?

Grabber93
Yes, that should be the way and also check the front pads and rotor. They are the one more likely to be the cause of the inefficient braking.