HONDA BALLADE ENGINE PROBLEM

1993 Honda Ballade • 210,000 miles

Hey there
I have a problem with my car's engine temperature. I had the problem of engine heating up tremendously before, and that problem have lead me to replacing the thermostat, water pump and the radiator.

This morning when I was on my way to work, when I stopped at a robot, there was steam coming out of the side of the hood, but not much, just a little. Then when I stopped at work, there was no steam or hissing or what ever. But just now when I opened the hood and took a look at my engine, it looked like the engine almost overheated! I have no clue on what could possibly be the problem. I don't think it can be the radiator or one of the water pipes that is blocked, or the thermostat that is not working because they are all only 2 months old. Even the water pump is about 7 months old. Those things are still kinda new so it couldn't be that or can it?

I'm very scared of driving my car to my home because of that problem. Can you please tell me what is wrong?
Baboonbals

No references on this Model-Go to this inhouse walk thru link: http://www.2carpros.com/articles/engine-overheating-or-running-hot

In South-Africa they call it a Ballade but overseas they call it a Civic 4-door so maybe that can help with the search. And the mileage is totally wrong, I thought they were talking about km but it's miles haha.

Baboonbals
Is the cooling fan coming on? You have changed the radiator, w/pump and thermostat-how about the radiator cap is it in good shape-if the heat continues to rise try bleeding out the cooling system don't work get it block tested to rule out a blown headgasket-Let me know-

I found the problem. My cooling fan blew out so I'll get a new one LMAO!

Baboonbals
Atta Boy-you take care of that hondo and it'll take care of you-Good Job-Tell friends about us, we're willing to help-

Thanx once again! I'll tell everyone about you guys!

Baboonbals
Oh and I almost forgot.

I want to take my current engine (D16A7) out and put in the 2.0L V-TEC engine (F20B). Then I want to turbo the car. So my other question is: what do I need to do to prepare my engine for the turbo conversion? I heard that one should powercoat the pistons and the valves, and such things to make sure that the engine can handle the pressure but I have no clue on what else to do.

Can you also please help me with that?

Much appreciated

Baboonbals