GMC C3500 FLYWHEEL PROBLEM

1993 GMC C3500

I am working on getting my van back up and running. It has set up for about a year. I bought a new battery and had the altantor testd. The alt tested fine. I also replaced all pugs and plug wires. I even replaced the distibutor and rotor. Now that I have it all back together I went to staart it only for it to make a aweful grinding type noise and now it want even turn over. I also replaced my serpintine belt since it was old and showed signs of wear and tear. I made sure I put the plug wires back on the new distributor in the same order I took them off in. I am also working on why my air and heat dont work in the front or rear. Please tell me what the noise may have been and why it want start now? Also what could cause my air and heat not to blow out the vents or work right?

If the starter gear and flywheel teeth aren't messing correctly, it will make a terrible grinding sound. You know what normal cranking sounds like, correct? I'd have to look at starter and flywheel gears, to see if messing correctly.