, YOU ANSWERED A QUESTION ON 1/27 ABOUT WHITE SMOKE

1993 Geo Metro • 4 cylinder 2WD Manual • 173,000 miles

Thanks for previous answer, I have done some additional investigation, my question was white smoke from exahaust on long hauls at over 60 mph and you noted head gasket problem.
1. Had head gasket checked by 2 diff shops dye did not show up yellow, they said no head gasket problem, engine needs rebuild.
2. I read on posts on internet to check pvc valve, I replaced it. Went on long run 1 hr at around 65-70 mph, no smoke except for a 1 puff of smoke, not the continous smoke.
3. I got home and no antifreeze loss, no oil loss, no soapy oil.
4. I have been using car constantly over past 2 weeks, no antifreeze loss, no oil loss. I have put over 500 miles on it.
5. No smoke at normal around town and some turnpike driving.
6. I read on a post to check air filter/cover for oil. No oil on air filter, but noticed a film on bottom of plastic cover of air filter that could be oil. It has a throttle body not a carb. The hole in the top of the throttle body looks like it could be oil on it, but like I say only a film
7. A post on internet said check vacume modulator on transmission? It is a 5 speed stick shift, 1993 Geo Metro, 1.0L, post says modulator could be sucking fluid into intake manifold, thus into combustion chamber creating white smoke?
8. One thing I have noticed is that who ever added oil last time put a little too much in, it is about a 1/8 inch over the full mark. I have heard that too much oil could cause smoking.
9. Bottom line is after I replaced pvc valve, smoking seems to be less when I drove it for a hour straight at high speeds.

thanks for your help, this is my California car, I live on the east in Delaware and stay 2 mos. With my son is San Diego and use this as my transportation and I want it to be reliable and not break down somewhere between San Diego and Las Vegas.
Any Ideas on this situtation?
Thanks. Jay
Cafedelmar

I think you found the issue, I would continue to drive it and see if it shows any other signs.

Dr. Hagerty