BAD/LOW POWER UP-HILL

1993 Ford Ranger • 99,999 miles

So after removing sparks plugs, I was told STEAM came out of #4 SPARK plug hole. What should be my next check/step?
Nevadavic

Are you loosing coolant? How was it determined to be steam and say not gas vapors form leaky injector?

Fixitmr
Did spark plug look different from other cylinders? Like really clean or funny deposits?

Fixitmr
Good questions. I will have to check. Thanks!

Nevadavic
Nevadavic: What's the verdict on this? Was it steam or gas vapor? Is that plug cleaner than the rest?

Rivermikerat
All good Q's! But I already researched as U all suggested. No loss of coolant, and no the plug was similar color as others. Turns out it was not steam was just hot gases. The problem was/is the transmission. The uphill issue matured into an acceleration issue but the tachometer did not fluctuate during acceleration! Long story but the Xmission needs to be worked on. Thanx for support!

Nevadavic
Our pleasure. Thanks for the update. By the way, do you know the history of "Kilroy was here" ?

Rivermikerat
The history of "Kilroy was here"?
Yes, a friend sent me the history in E-mail. Do you want?

Nevadavic
No. I know it. Kilroy was a rivet inspector at the Bath Shipyard during WWII. But thanks. I've actually met some of his relatives when went to school out there.

Rivermikerat