I REPLACED THE WATER PUMP THE THERMOSTAT THE RADIATOR AND ALL THE HOSES. THE TEMPERTURE RISES BUT WHEN I TURN ON THE HEAT IT LOWERS

1993 Ford Probe • 160,000 miles

I have a 1993 ford probe.I replaced the water pump, the thermostat, the radiator and all the hoses. Now when im driving the temperature raises high but if I cut on the heat the temperature lowers what could be causing that.
Odurtty

Electric radiator fan is not turning on. Your dandy observation that the heater lowers the temperature is because the heater core is a small radiator. It just needs air flow to to its thing.

COULD BE A PROBLEM WITH YOUR COOLING FAN(S)

THEY MIGHT NOT BE TURNING ON BECAUSE

A FUSE IS SHOT

A RELAY IS NOT WORKING (THIS SEEMS TO BE THE COMMON THING)

THE FAN MOTOR(S) ARE SHOT. IF YOU HAVE 2, UNLIKELY THEY WENT OUT AT THE SAME TIME. HOWEVER, MAYBE ONE WENT OUT (UNNOTICED) NOW THE OTHER ONE HAS.

SOMETIMES THE MOTORS LOCK UP---WITH THE VEHICLE OFF---DO THEY SPIN FREELY?

WHY DON'T YOU SEE IF THEY COME ON----REPORT BACK HERE FOR MORE INFO. WE MAY BE ABLE TO IDENTIFY THE LOCATIONS OF STUFF TO CHECK. BEFORE YOU RUSH OUT AND BUY SOMETHING. MAY CAN HELP YOU THERE TOO!

WAITIN' ON YOU