WILL MY CAR WORK

1993 Ford Maverick • 4 cylinder 4WD Manual •

I have been putting vegetable oil in my ford maverick as well as diesel, the car has been standing on a drive for the last 2 months, will the veg oil damage the engine
Bobthebinman63

I don't know why you would put Vegetable oil in the car it has not the same considency as regular motor oil. Odds are that if you run it you can seize the engine up. A car that is meant to work on gasoline won't work with diesel. I would not start the car until I drained the vegetable oil and diesel fuel out and replace it with regular oil for the car and gasoline.

M_H_RITZEL
Since when did Ford produce Mavericks in 1993? Last production run of that model was 1978 !

Ford Man in Michigan

Ford Man
I believe it must be a type O since I have not seen a maverick with 4 cyl with 4 wheel drive. I think he was talking about another vehicle and put in the wrong name of the car. Still I can't see using vegetable oil in place of engine oil.

M_H_RITZEL
M_H_. Me thinks he was referring to fuel when talking about veg. Oil ! Ford producted a little sub-compact in the early 1990's that had all wheel drive, & a diesel motor. Don't ask me the model name.I can picture the car in my mind, but for the life of me I can't remember the name of it. And to answer his question. The veg.- Oil needs to be cut 50/50 with diesel, otherwise you may plug up your (the veg. Oil is to thick) injectors !

Ford Man in Michigan

Ford Man
Learn something every day

M_H_RITZEL
M_H_. The World car by FoMoCo, the Escort ! Late 80's - early 90's production models offered a diesel motor & all wheel drive. A Mazda 4 banger diesel motor, & German built all wheel drive ! The things my mind has stored in it, no wonder I can't think straight most of the time !

Ford Man

Ford Man
Saw on my classic car some weird cars from three wheel cars to ones that would fly

M_H_RITZEL