FORD FESTIVA SENSOR PROBLEM

1993 Ford Festiva • 125,000 miles

My problem is. Car runs pefrect when cold and around town (small topwn of 1500). But when I go out on the highway and once the engine gets heated up to normal op temp, it wants to flood out. I stop and go in someplace for a soda or something etc, come back out and it instantly floods out and I have to let it set for a few minutes before it will start again. Ive already replaced the temp sensor (thats shown in attatched pic). Did I replace the wrong sensor? Adn need to replace the one thtas above the one I have pictured. Or could the problem be the O2 sensor.

I have an (Actron CP9015) scanner/reader that I bough specifically for my 93 festiva, and im just not seeing which wires there near the cowl that I am supposed to be using. I dont see a 5 sided plug anyhwere. All I see near the driverside strut mount by the firewall, is a 4 sided plug, and a cpl different single plugs.

i know how to use my scanner, and others etc. But im just not seeing the correct plugs that I am supposed to be using.

ive been a loyal festiva owner for close to 15 years, and this is the first time I have had engine problems and needing to scan for the codes.

any further help you could give me would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!
Mojowes