VIBRATION SHUDDERS

1993 Ford F-150 • 190,000 miles

My truck has a bad vibration when going low speeds. 20 till about 45 if I gas it it quits but its really aggravating. Gassing it is expensive. Its like it does it when it shifts into third gear. It is an automatic. If I start from a stop and gas it it doesn't do it but in town with stop and go traffic its horrible
Clintcoston

Have you checked the universal joints?

Is there a way to check? I just priced them and gonna change them out tomorrow either way so that I know there good

Clintcoston
You need to make sure the vehicle park brake is on and then craw under the vehicle and move the drive shaft back and forth to see if there is play in them.

Ok I've established that the u joints are fine that my real seal and bushing are wore slap out. I got the seal out carefully with a small screwdriver but have no idea how to get the old bushing out. What is that procedure?

Clintcoston
Are you referring to an axle seal? If not, which one are you working with?

Rear transmission seal and bushing

Clintcoston
Ok. What's the procedure for getting that bushing out? Do you know?

Clintcoston
Are you referring to the tail shaft bearing? If so, the you need to take it apart to access the bearing.