ON A 93 THE SERPENTINE BELT TENSIONER PULLEY ASSEMBLY IS RACKED AND KEPT SHREDDING BELTS. I PUT A NEW TENSIONER ON AND IT WAS STILL RACKED,SO I HAD TO REPLACE THE BRACKET THE ALT. IS ON BECAUSE THE TENSIONER IS BOLTED TO IT TO AND THE HOLE WAS

1993 Ford F-150 • 155,000 miles

There is probably only 2500 miles on the new parts. I was wondering if they have a different bracket or an insert where the tensioner bolt in and not in the aluminum bracket
Jasonpyzo

Where did you buy the tensior?What brand was it?Also what size engine do you have?

I got the tensior at auto zone, don't remember what brand and got the bracket at the dealer. The motor is a 302

Jasonpyzo
So did the bracket or the tenisor fail?

I haven't taken it off to see, but it's doing the same thing it did before. Where the pulley is not alined, it's getting a little cocked. So when I took it off last time the tensior pullet bearing was bad and the hole in the bracket where the tensior bolts in was out of round and the bolt was sloppy in the hole. Even when I put the new parts on, the tensior pulley wasn't 100% square. I couldn't get it running true, it was off a little. It seems like a poor design on the tensior. I have put a few on and I never had one that the spring on it does't fit in there that well and it's not internal. The spring also pushes outward when you are bolting it in, which seems weird.

Jasonpyzo
If the bracket is factory and the tenisor isnt fitting correctly I would suspect the tenisor is having the fit issues.I have ran into issues with the aftermarket tenisors being low quailty and not performing correctly.

You can get a factory motor craft tenisor for about 46 on amazon with free shipping BT-37 part number.I would go with a factory one especially since its cheaper then the auto zone one.