ADVICE

1993 Ford Explorer • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 562,000 miles

I have a 1993 ford explorer 4.0 6cyl. 2 wheel drive. The problem I have is that it starts up fine and stays on while in park, but hesitates to rev up when I mash the gas, doesn't hesitate when I press it slowly, Then shuts off when I put it in gear at which point it takes a while for it to start back up. I have put in a new fuel filter and the gas pump is only a couple of months old. Sometimes it will let me drive for a little bit before losing power and act like I am flooding the engine when I try to give it gas, and it vibrates a little when I try to give it gas to try and speed back up to normal speed. Then I wait about five minutes and it starts back up like nothing was wrong. Been troubleshooting but can't seem to find what's wrong.
Ngalvan160

Check the throttle position sensor, make sure the catalytic converter isn't plugged, and check for vacuum leaks on the engine.