A/C ISSUES

1993 Dodge Dakota • 127,000 miles

Hi. I just got a 1993 dodge dakota sport-3.9. A/c is giving me issues. It kicks on, and the compressor works. I have put 32 oz freon into it. It won't get down past 77. Any ideas?

Chadallen1979

Did you evacuate out vacuum the system?

What are the high and low side pressures?

The person I bought it from said it was empty. HE had the compressor replaced last year. I took out the retro fit, and let out all the air. Then replaced it and filled.(If this is the low port, it reads 35 lbs on the gauge.) I don't have the tools to read the high side. It has, however gotten cooler since I added freon, just not cold. The "rail" that comes off of the compressor is also cold to the touch.
Thank you for your help - waiting for advice

Chadallen1979
We need pressres to help you here. Could be bad dryer, bad h valve or expansion vale, overchraged or under charges.

Ty for your help. I will obtain proper tools to get the other reading for you. Might take a couple of days, as I am broke right now. But I will get back to you this week.
Thank you very much for your help!
Chad

Chadallen1979