HOW DO I OPEN THE HOOD WHEN THE HOOD CABLE IS BROKEN ?

1993 Chevrolet Van

My hood cable broke under the hood on my van. How do I open the hood?
Pompeiminer@hotmail.com

From underneath, look for where the cable attaches to the release lever. Move the lever towards the driver side until the hood latch releases.

Rivermikerat
Can't see anything like that from anywhere under the front of my van. Not even from the slit where the hood meets the grill. I can see the handle that opens the hood after it's released and the hood prop but can't acess anything else.

Take of the front grill you might find this easier. My 1988 blazers cable slipped out of the hook thought I was screwed. I took off 6 screws (torix) to my suprise ther was the little lever. Pushed with a screwdriver and unlocked the hood

4uzindian
That might work also. On my Chevy van there were four screws for the grill across the top that were inaccessible unless the hood was up.

Look through the grill. Can you see the lever? You might be able to use a screwdriver to push it. It's in the same area where the latch release and tongue are.

Rivermikerat
Ok got it. Had to remove the grill and after some fumbling for the lever behind the plate I wound up using a long flat head screwdriver and going thru where the notch in the hood is I managed to move the lever enough to get it open. Thanks again everyone for the info.