CHEVROLET SUBURBAN COOLANT PROBLEM

1993 Chevrolet Suburban • 130,000 miles

I have a 93 chevy suburban runs great, but I replaced the heater core, and drained the radiator, I also replaced the thermostat, but by the oil filter thers too little lines that leak antifreeze, and I don't know why it leaks, please help.
Deltorogeno

Those should be oil cooler lines. They should not be leaking coolant.

Are you sure it is coolant?

Ok yes I'm sure its coolant, its green, I just drained the radiator last night and replaced the antifreeze

Deltorogeno
What motor?

Do you have a rear heater unit?

Here's a picture

Deltorogeno
Its a 350 small block and yes iit has rear heating

Deltorogeno
Those are the oil cooler lines. The coolant is coming from above and dripping onto the lines. The freeze plug above it does not look too good.

Ok, how do I replace the freeze plug?

Deltorogeno
If that is the issue, drain all the coolant, knock the plug in and then remove with pliers and install the new one. Make sure it is not the intake manifold from the top. Get it pressure tested to be sure

I agree with ASE, those are oil cooler lines. You can see where it is wet above the oil filter and running down. A freeze plug isn't hard to replace. The problem is if you have the room to work. Basically you need to pry out the old one and tap a new one in place.

Page 1 of 2