CHEVROLET CHEYENNE BLOWER MOTOR PROBLEM

1993 Chevrolet Cheyenne • 162,000 miles

Good Morning,
I have a 1993 Chevy C1500 Cheyenne 4.3l Automatic.
I was driving to work one day last week, and I had my heater on.
I switched the blower onto high mode & I heard a "Pop" come from the dash area.
Instantly, the whole display, except for the illumination for the controls, went out.
Now, No Heat at all.
I checked all fuses, replaced relays, still nothing.
I removed the control unit from the dash, went to a local salvage yard, got another unit that I installed, still nothing.
So, I proceeded to disassemble the original unit, could not find anything on the circuit board burnt.
I went further into the unit, removed the front circuit board from the face of the housing.
There I discovered that there is a "Black" or "Burnt Spot" in the upper right hand corner of the display glass.
My question to you guys is, can this be the reason for my heat issue?
I have since picked up 2 more units, same results. Nothing! I took those units apart & they all have the same spot in that upper right hand corner.
Is this common? I am having a hard time believing that all of these units are bad in the same spot?
Can you give me any input? Or is this a common problem? May there be something I am overlooking?
Sincerely,
Jim DeHaven

Are you saying the blower motor doesn't work? If so, check voltage and ground at the blower motor wiring circuit. Does the blower motor work on ac?