S10 ECM2 FUSE

1993 Chevrolet Blazer • 6 cylinder 4WD Automatic • 160 miles

Working on a 1993 s10 Blazer 4.3 engine code W Ecm2 fuse blown, replaced and it blew instantly when the key is turned on. Replaced the fuel pump and relay. Started up and ran about 100feet and blew the fuse. Started taking readings on the gray wire that leads to the fuel pump, realized a dead short, somewhere between the relay on the firewall and the drivers floorboard. Ran new wire from relay to there eliminating the dead short. Started up 7 or 8 times. Took for a ride and made it half mile and the fuse blew. Replaced fuse, starts up runs about 3 seconds and then blows the fuse. I guess my question is what I did causing this? It actually does more now than it ever did. Is there other things on this circuit that could be causing the problem?
Aghauler

The ecm itself may have a problem a scan with tool capable of reading b and u codes.

Merlin2021
Ok are there any other things to check that may be on that circuit? That may be causing this issue? I have to find someone to read those codes. Wont be able to get that done until tomorrow. Anything I can check now before I deem the problem a new ecm.

Aghauler
I am not home to look into the wiring disgram, owners manual should have that list. Ill look when I get. To the computer

Merlin2021
Thanks that would be great!

Aghauler
CHECK THE OIL SENDOR UNIT, I BELIEVE IT IS ON THE DRIVERS SIDE BELOW THE EXHAUST MANIFOLD, THE WIRES WILL GET AGAINEST THE MANIFOLD AND CAUSE THAT PROBLEM, POSSIBLE A BAD OIL SENDOR UNIT, IF THE WIRES ARE OK, TRY UNPLUGGING IT And
Make Sure Injector Wiring Not Pinched Between Air Cleaner & TBI
Also fuel pump on same circuit.

Merlin2021