4 CYLINDER ENGINE WHAT IS THE OIL FILTER HOUSING TO ENGINE BLOCK TIGHTENING SPEC

1993 Toyota Camry • 158,000 miles

On a 1993 toyota camry 4 cylinder engine, the oil filter housing/oil cooling unit is attached to the engine block with a long pipe with a 30mm nut as integral part. To loosing this nut/pipe took an impact wrench since it was so tight. A 3 foot cheater bar would not budge it. So what is the tightening torque spec?
Kd7gav

Could not find the specs for this but it should not be very tight. Sludge could be locking up the threads and it is best to manually turn it slowly, backing off and turning to get it loose.

If you are removing the oil cooler, I believe it is not necessary to remove this. At side of oil cooler there are a few 10mm hex bolts holding the cooler housing.

I found out the tightening spec is 58 foot-pounds. As for the number of 10mm bolts holding the cooler housing, there is one. I did not have to remove the cooler housing hoses. All that was needed is to gently bend them 90 degrees so I could remove the Oring and gasket/washer. Thanks for the reply.

Kd7gav
Nice work and thanks for the input