STUFFED UP OIL CHANGE

1992 Nissan Primera • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic •

After doing a oil change my engine(sr20de doch)is not idleling or running smoothly what could I have done wrong? 1st I got wrong oil filter but didn't realize for 4 days which the car was running fine until day 4 when motor was turned over oil filter popped off (when I 1st put the filter on it did seem a little bit to hard but it went on easily enough) once I fitted the correct filter I topped it up with oil cleaned the engine bay with some degreaser and hosed it off
I turned the car on when it dried out and it started sweet no problems with the idleling I turned the car off cleaned up the massive oil spill on garage floor and thought id take it for a drive and then I noticed that the motor was running a bit harsh
I put the car in neutral and reved it a bit and it didnt like it untill it got over 3000 revs then it started to run all good and it went down hill from there engine overheat light came and the car was just not running right any thoughts?
Ricta