WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM

1992 Mercury Sable

Car just wont stop smoking-fixed the alternator, radiator, thermostat, radiator coolants fine so is engine oil. Inside thermostat reads fine but when I stop the car smoke pours from right under engine and on left side under alternator. Makes funny chugging sounds kinda like its giving up the other day I thought what the hell gave it gas instead of being gental on it when it started putting and the whole car died and smoked for a good 10-15 min straight, today same thing but after about 10 mins the car starts back up again. Really need some help diagnosing it so I can get it fixed the cheap way cant afford a shop to take care of it
Jennadugan

Smoke can be of different types and the color tells you something.

White colored smoke indicates steam (water/coolant), black colored indicates burning of carbon based materials (maybe a belt is turning on a pulley that is seized and this would emit squealing noise if you rev the engine) and grey (bluish tinge) is oil being burnt.

Smell is another indicator, none means steam.

First thing you need to do is check where the smoking is coming from. The exact location is required to understand what is causing it and necessary rectification methods.

When engine is cold, check the coolant level in radiator, ensure it is full and reservoir too. Engine oil level.

Is the A/C working?