WHAT ARE MY CHOICES FOR AN AUTOMOTIVE BATTERY?

1992 Mazda MX5

I am having a hard time locating an inexpensive alternative to the OEM battery that goes in my 1992 Mazda Miata. I am in Surprise, AZ and Firestone, O'Reilly, and Autozone all have one for 99.99 plus install and/or core fee. I tried to see if there was one that could be used in my car through the online sites of Walmart, Sears or Costco, but when I enter my info they say they don't have matches. I find that hard to believe that they wouldn't have a battery that would work. As it is right now, I have a ford motocraft BXT 96R 590 that came with the car when I bought it and it fits just fine. What is the largest CCA limit that I can use and is a larger CCA more beneficial? And can you recommend an inexpensive really good battery by store and Item number (ie Walmart, Sears or Costco)? I sure would appreciate some help.
Csg68

If you go beyond your stock ccas no worries the more ccas the better. As long as its the same group size you need then it will fit and work. Some group size batterys are expensive no matter where you buy them. Like the vw jettas I belive are that case as well. Never been a fan of those walmart batterys never had much luck with them. The auto zone batterys are pretty good I think there made by interstate battery. Have you tried sams club?