LEFTERS AND CAMSHAFT

1992 Lexus ES 300 • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 100,000 miles

I have a 1992 Lexus ES300 3.0L MFI DOHC 6cyl I had the heads redone but didnt replace the cams or the lifters. I put new oil pump and water pump head gaskets and all new seails and timing bult and sincers. New plugs and wires. So the things I need to know is why there is a taping coming from the top of the motor? It taped befor to but I was told it was the oil pump that was going out. So can you tell me what is the cheapiest way to go to fix this thing lol! I have spent 1200 on this motor and am about to put a fire under it lol!

Replace the cam and valve lifters and make sure its set/adjusted properly as per repair manual-recheck oil pressure

Wow so do you know of a place to buy the cams for this car or there isnt some kid of lefter kit to fix it there wonting 200 per cam and theres 4 cams in all plus 13.99 per liter and theres 4 per sinder. So thats 4 x 6 wow lot of money! But I got to say thank you so much for helping me in this pain im going thou lol