REPLACE THE ENGINE

1992 Isuzu Rodeo • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 135,000 miles

1992 Isuzu Rodeo 3.1 V6 mileage: 135,000. I am wanting to replace the engine in my Isuzu Rodeo. I have seen many different types of redo's but I would like to put a 305 V8 and change the trans also. I have had trouble finding some one who can help or who has knowledge about doing something like this. My wife likes the body style and is not too interested in buying a newer sport utility. The V6 while being a very dependable engine does not cruise very well (maintain its speed) on the highway. My job makes me travel a lot through a lot of states; I would really like to change this engine out. If you know anyone that can help me, please let me know.
2CarPros-Archives

Replacing the stock V6 engine with 305 V8 would make a nice highway flyer. However, the amount of work of changing and adapting to do this engine swap is overwhelming. The challenge is to have a dependable car when you are done. I do not know the smog laws in your area but that should be considered too. Give some thought to leaving it stock and just rebuilding your current engine.

2CarPros-Archives
Hey I just wanted to know did u ever find someone to get it done cause I would like to have a v8 put it to mine as well

Courtneycox