I HAVE A AND WHEN IT IDEALS, IT REVS UP AND DOWN. I HAVE REPLACED THE IDEAL AIR CONTROL VALVE AND THE AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR, AND THE COMPUTER IS ALSO THROWING CODE FOR BOTH STILL. COULD IT BE THE COMPUTER? FUEL PUMP MAYBE? WHERE DO I GO

1992 Honda Civic • 200,000 miles

We also ran Sea foam through the vacuum system and 2 bottles of heat through the gas tank and ran it at 3000 rpms for 30 minutes. Ive changed the battery, fuel filter, air temperature sensor, 02 sensor, and the air ideal control valve
R Lance

HAVE YOU REALLY DUG IN THERE DEEP AND SEARCHED FOR VACUUM LEAKS?

WITH THE ENGINE REVVING SO HIGH, I CAN SEE THAT IT MIGHT BE HARD TO "HEAR" ONE

MOVE THE HOSES AND VACUUM COMPONENTS AROUND, EVEN USE AN INSPECTION MIRROR TO LOOK FOR CRACKED, SPLIT OR DAMAGED STUFF

SOMETIMES PINCHING HOSES OF WITH NEEDLE NOSE PLIERS WILL GET YOU FOLLOWING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION IF YOU SEE A CHANGE

I HAVE USED A 3 OR SO FOOT LONG HEATER OR GARDEN HOSE STUCK IN MY EAR TO LISTEN LIKE A STETHOSCOPE. WATCH OUT FOR THOSE PESKY MOVING ENGINE PARTS!