STARTS FINE IDLES HIGH THEN WHEN IDLES DOWN TRUCK STARTS SMOKING BAD AND STUMBLE BAD ON ACCELERATION AND THEN DIES

1992 GMC Typhoon • 93,000 miles

Put in new fuel injectors fuel regulator coolant temper sensor map sensor oxygen sensor fuel pump ignition module new plugs wires fuel relay vacum lines checked timing no codes showing
Richardbrown1

What kind of smoke is it? Is it burning oil, is it trying to flood? Look at the 02 sensor signal, is it running rich or lean? I saw what you replaced, didn't see much testing. What about idle air system?

Its grey and black I can hold at 3k runs smoooth until it gets to rich and belows out smoke and dies running rich tested throtle positin sensor and map sensor not burning oil no on idle air system is tht big square connector

Richardbrown1
5volts at map grey 4.73 at midddle wire 1 volt at coolant sensor wire either un plugged or plugged map sensor same.

Richardbrown1
If you have the vin Z, that shows to be throttle-body injection. Idle air control valve on side of throttle-body.

Yes its Z what do I do with it / how to test it?

Richardbrown1
Here is flow chart for iac.

Put in new idle air valve does same thing idles high then comes down starts stmbling smoking bad then die when given gas not burning oil. Idle air valve old was solid black on end of it.

Richardbrown1
No response back yet

Richardbrown1
You'll have to ask somebody else, I don't know what else to yell you?

Anyone else know whats wrong with my truck thanks

Richardbrown1
Page 1 of 2