GMC SUBURBAN ENGINE PROBLEM

1992 GMC Suburban • 250,000 miles

Truck does not start unless I wide open throttle and has NO ALDL communication with the EDM
Ao43100

So you can't communicate with computer? Check engine light doesn't work? Maybe a bad bulb or wiring circuit. I've seen some vehicles where the check engine lite wouldn't work, but, a scanner would work to show live engine data. That might give you a clue? Wide open throttle should place it in, clear flood mode. You may have a fuel leak?

Check engine light does work, it's ON. I tryed to communicate using Snap on scanner and jumping A & B termanals. No fuel leak extenally of at the TBI injectors.

Prior to the no start situation I had a lack of power (seemed like a restricted Cat) and no shift to high gear.

Ao43100
Correction, I have NO "Check engine light at all.

Ao43100
Check and test the coolant temperature sensor and the throttle position sensor closed and WOT voltages-then let us know