GEO TRACKER WHEEL PROBLEM

1992 Geo Tracker • 235,000 miles

I have a 92 geo tracker and when I turn on the right blinker the wipers come on. It does not come on when I put on the left one. I removed the switch under the stering wheel and replaced it with a used one from a junk yard but still have the same problem. It also comes on when I turn on the hazard lights. What are the chancesthat both switches have the same problem?

Sounds like a bad ground. Turn on the right signal, then remove the LEFT signal bulb. If the right one doesn't turn on it has a bad ground wire or connection. It's common for the signal light and the washer pump to share a ground connection on the body. When that ground is open, voltage appears on that wire when you turn on the signal, and that voltage feeds back to through the pump motor to the wiper switch. The wiper circuit sees that as the washer is turned on so it runs the wipers.