TRANNY BLOCK PLATE ISSUES

1992 Ford F-150 • 156,068 miles

I have the 4.9 in my truck and the transmission is a aod out of a 88 awd aerostar. I took the tranny out to replace front main seal, and now when I start it back up there is a god awful squeal from where the block plate is hitting off of the flex plate and the tourqe converter. I was told that I could cut the block plate out because all it is, is a shim. And I was told I could put shims before the plate so therfore it will give it room away from the tourqe conv. Please help I cant figure it out
Fersureian

We only recommend direct fit parts. I would need to be there to see what needs done to fix this. However, since they are two different vehicles, I know there are differences.

Well when I bought the truck, it fired right up and had no problems except for the front main seal. When I pulled the tranny out. I think I bent the plate somehow, and now it wont bend back. The tranny is an exact fit for the truck. It just isnt the eaod.

Fersureian
What plate bent for you?

Its the plate that seperates the flex plate and the block. Its more of a shim if anything.

Fersureian