FORD EXPLORER TIRE PROBLEM

1992 Ford Explorer • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 28,000 miles

My 92 ford explorer 2wd 4door is making wierd noises like it is dragging something metal or metal pieces are breaking and falling off. And with this my car is******** towrds the left as I drive. You would think I was a drunk driver if you were behind me. I looked under the car and couldnt tell if anything was broken off, but the tie rod I think its called had one piece that looked as if another piece of the rod has been scraping against it. Any ideas?
Dreja82

Any chance you could post a photo?

Its obviously very dirty under there I am going to try and clean it up. Some of the stuff I did clean up was thick black and on the wetter side so I dont know if fluids leak out of that area or not or if soemwhere else is leaking and getting on it. Also they * out my word up there so it is j*e*r*k*i*n*g to the left while I drive. I hope you can tell where it looks as if it scrfaped on the pic

Dreja82
I'm having a hard time orienting myself. Are we looking from the center front back toward the right front tire, or are we looking from the rear toward the left front tire? Try to describe the part that's broken and what it's attached to.

If they'd send another pic, a little further back, you could definitely tell.

To me it looks like just below the pitman arm, the tie rod end (#18 in the link), rubbing.......or the tie rod tube (#22) is bent forward into it.

Ain't by chance been "Backing Up" and "Hooked" something, with the bottom of your vehicle????

Seems I've Timed out at Mitchell 1????

This is "Crude", but similar to your vehicle, this may help you identify (tell Doc) the steering components that are giving you problems

"19" and "22" may be backwards (swapped around) from your vehicle (unless I ain't looking at it right)....All I could find in a pinch, a Jeep Cherokee!

http://www.4wd.com/hardparts/HP_PartList.aspx?hpDID=201 .....more pics would help too

The Medic