OIL PRESSURE

1992 Ford Bronco • V8 4WD •

1992 Ford Bronco. Engine is a 351. When the engine is cool, the oil pressure is fine.
Oil pressure is good when driving.
When the engine reaches normal operating temperature the pressure drops into the red when stopped with the brake on. What is the cause of this?
Rlackey

Typically worn engine bearings, but can also be caused by a worn oil pump, oil that's too light, oil that's diluted with raw fuel, and low oil level.

May be a bad sender or gauge (best scenario is the sender)

Could be true pressure---worn out engine mechanicals

Only way to know for sure is to install a temporary Mechanical gauge

Mine's designed to run under the hood and into a window, as being able to drive and monitor "Actual Oil Pressure"

If you need help figuring out how to do this, or where to obtain the necessary stuff, let me know.

Don't forget to let me know your findings--I hope they are good, and you just need a new sender!

The Medic

Sorry Doc, you know I'm really slow!

The Medic

The war will be over by the time you get there, Get it together and Move it soldier and in a smart way-lol your 31V4PH