92

1992 Chevrolet S-10 • 6 cylinder 4WD Automatic • 200,000 miles

I have a 92 chevy s-10 pickup 4x4 v-6 4.3 vortec macanical fuel body injection. I put new fuel pump in the tank, I can hear the pump kick on in the tank the relay clicks on under the hood. Replaysed 15a ecmb fuse that was blown out in fuse box. Fuel is pumping all the way to injectors. The two wire's (grey and black) running in to top of tank to the bottom of the pump were melted together at pump, that blew the fuse in the fuse box. I can't see any other fuse or fuseable link under hood, I reset computer. Before buying new computer wondering if there is anything ells that could be the problem?
Stevelock

All "crank, no start" conditions are approached in the same way. Every engine requires certain functions to be able to run. Some of these functions rely on specific components to work and some components are part of more than one function so it is important to see the whole picture to be able to conclude anything about what may have failed. Also, these functions can ONLY be tested during the failure. Any other time and they will simply test good because the problem isn't present at the moment.
If you approach this in any other way, you are merely guessing and that only serves to replace unnecessary parts and wastes money.

Every engine requires spark, fuel and compression to run. That's what we have to look for.

These are the basics that need to be tested and will give us the info required to isolate a cause.

1) Test for spark at the plug end of the wire using a spark tester. If none found, check for power supply on the + terminal of the coil with the key on.

2) Test for injector pulse using a small bulb called a noid light. If none found, check for power supply at one side of the injector with the key on.

3) Use a fuel pressure gauge to test for correct fuel pressure, also noticing if the pressure holds when key is shut off.

4) If all of these things check good, then you would need to do a complete compression test.

Once you have determined which of these functions has dropped out,
you will know which system is having the problem.

Wrenchtech