92 CHEVY K1500 4X4.

1992 Chevrolet Other • V8 4WD Automatic •

I bought a new battery on Sunday, now on Wednesday I try to start it and I get nothing. Not even a buzz. What could it be?
My92chevy

Something is draining the battery by not turning off or there is a poor connection on one of the battery cables. GM also has a lot of generator trouble, but your symptoms don't really match that. If the generator has stopped recharging the battery, it shouldn't be totally dead.

Could you give me a few things to check as to what maybe draining the battery by not turning off?

My92chevy
There is a procedure for finding a battery draw like that.

You will need a digital ammeter and a jumper wire with clips on the ends to do this.
First rig any door switches so you can have a door open without triggering the interior lights and unplug the hood light. Remove one battery cable and attach the meter in series between the battery cable and battery post. Take the jumper wire and also attach it the same way. Leave the jumper wire on for at least 10 minutes to expire all the automatic timers. Now remove the jumper wire and read the meter. Anything over 50ma is too much draw. The way you locate this is to start removing fuses one at a time until the meter drops to normal level. This will be the circuit with something staying on. Determine what components are part of that circuit and check them individually until the problem is isolated.

Wrenchtech