CAMERO SPITTING OUT BLACK SUTE FROM TAIL PIPE AND VERY LOUD.

1992 Chevrolet Camaro • V8 •

I have a 1992 chevrolet camaro and it sounds horrible. It sound like it wants to stall and theres black sute on the ground from the tail pipe. I had the distributer cap and spark plugs replaced because it just turned off on me one day. Took it ot PEP Oys and they said that was the problem. WRONG, after I left the car still sounded like it was on it's death bed and spitting out the black sute.
Nelix

Maybe failed diaphram in fuel pressure regulator pull vacuum hose if fuel present replace is flooding engine. See diagram

Docfixit
Can that be fixed. I forgot to mention that they also said that the #2 valve was stuck. Will driving the car damage it further?

Nelix
#2 valve? Exhaust? Intake? Either of these will cause the engine to run horribly and spit out black smoke. Sounds like you need a valve job. You also need to find out why the valve is stuck.

Rivermikerat