FUEL

1992 Chevrolet Blazer • 120,000 miles

Turns over fine but only starts when I use starting fluid then dies I thought it was the fuel pump but I put a new one in. Its getting gas all the way to a fuel pressure valve on the manifold area after that not sure what to do plus I couldn't here the pump intel I replace it.
1eyeblind

Have you checked the actual fuel pressure yet?ALso have you checked to see if you have battery voltage to the injectors with the key in the run position?ALso the other wire to the injectors should be a pulsing ground while cranking?

Sorry my bad it is a 1993 blazer limited edition with a vortec v6 its not a 1992

1eyeblind
So thou. Have the. Large connector on top of. The. Intake manifold? Also. Have you checked. The actual fuel pressure with a gauge?

What large connector might u be talking about the release valve or what no I have not checked the pressure yet I hoped it would not come to that .

1eyeblind
Iam trying to figure out if you have the fuel injectors inside the intake manifold which would have a large connector on top of the intake manifold. Or can you see each fuel injector with each connector going to it?We have a fuel problem so checking the pressure would be a good idea and is pretty easy to do. Any codes in the computer?

I dont have a code reader for this year mine only works on 1996 & newer I will look and see about the injector plugs and I have to rent a pressure tester.

1eyeblind
It does have the plug on the top for the injectors today I put a new fuel pressure regulator even a new oil sending unit on and still the same problem.

1eyeblind
So what's your actual fuel pressure? Do you have those readings for me yet?

Give me a day or 2 and I will have the readings to give you and as for the codes it wont start

1eyeblind
Heres how you check for codes let me know what you find.

Page 1 of 2