CADILLAC FLEETWOOD ENGINE PROBLEM

1992 Cadillac Fleetwood • 138,300 miles

I do not know if I can ask 2 questions but ill ask them in case I can. 1 minor question is how do I pull up the temperature of the engine on my 1992 Cadillac Fleetwood? With the 4.9 engine. Since its not on the dash and that is a very important thing to know as well as how to pull up the RPMs. Thank you. The second which is the somewhat major question is why is there white smoke comming off from under the engine? Its only a little bit. She has been sitting for about 3 months. Drove her for 15 minutes and then went under the Hood to remove the battery cause she will sit again but for a week or 2. New engine in 2007. Oil has been changed. No lights on my dash. No codes (7.0). Drives like a dream. Thank you.

For the temp you can use a scan tool that reads live data or use a infared temp gun. If you want to monitor the temp all the time you can add a aftermarket temperature gauge. The rpms really arent that important a lot of cars dont even come with tachs. If you really want to watch it you can add a aftermarket tach. As far as the white smoke you could have a coolant leak running hot or something burn off the engine.