CODES

1992 Cadillac Deville • 135,000 miles

Hi I pulled the codes off my 1992 Cadillac Deville. The codes were E61, E62, and E65. What do these mean and how do I fix it. Thanks.
Sean03

So you pulled these codes out of your fuel economy display?

Yeah I did the off and warmer button. This is what I got. I did not erase the codes.

Sean03
It stops on ecm or pcm. Use the low fan button for no and the hi fan button for yes. It stops on e or pcm. Push yes to enter the cpu. Then it will say e or pcm data?Push no again. Then it will say clear e or pcm codes. Push yes to clear the codes. Do this on all the cpus. Then hit auto to get out. Now reenter the cpus and all the codes will be erased if not that code is current dr.10 miles then reck. It agian.

Cadieman
Thats a good idea lets see what codes come back.

Hi so eat I am doing is just erasing the codes and then drive 10 miles and then recheck the codes. Thanks.

Sean03
Sorry I typed that wrong. So all I am doing is erasing the codes then drive it 10 miles and recheck for the codes. Thanks.

Sean03
Yes to start with.

Thats it. A current code wont clear. So clear the codes then recheck the codes. All the cpus. Should say no codes. If they dont u will need to repair these codes first.

Cadieman
Hi guys thanks for the help I will do this when I come back from Florida. I am going to the mayo clinic so they can figure out what is wrong with me. I will post a new thread when I come back if that is fine. Again Thanks for all of your help.

Sean03
Your welcome you go take care of yourself and I really hope you get some. Very good news. Please keep us posted when. You get back.