BRAKE LINE

1992 Cadillac Deville • 135,000 miles

On my 1992 cadillac deville the right rear brake line keeps leaking that connects into the wheel cylinder I have tried tighting it as tight as I can get it and it still leaks out. Any suggestions. Thanks.
Sean03

Replace the brakeline and the wheel cylinder

The wheel cylinder is brand new

Sean03
Wheel cylinder new and still leaks now you have to replace the steel brake line

Yeap thats what I am going to do I just have to find someone to bend it. I called the dealer they dont have the steel brake line but they said they could get it but it would be expensive for me because they have to buy 25 foot. Which is crap. Napa sells it and the dealer said they have a hydrolic bender to bend it. I would have to flare it though. DO I have to do a double flare. Thanks.

Sean03
Yes you do-to make sure it doesn't leak anymore its a must -You can check with the local plumbing shop and have them bend it for you -how the OEM part looks like-Your welcome

Thanks for helping me.

Sean03
Your welcome

Went to napa yesterday bought 2 brake lines all I had to do was bend it. The only problem was it was an inch longer but I got it to work. My dad bent it on the granit counter top it did not kink at all it worked perfectly.

Sean03
For both brake lines it was about 10 dollars.

Sean03
You saved money-Good Luck

Page 1 of 3