FUEL PUMP DOES NOT RUN, NO SPARK

1991 Toyota Corolla • 270,000 miles

Have already replace fuel pump, found 15A fuse blown and replaced, no other fuses found blown. Battery is new and has 12.7V. Engine cranks, but cannot hear the pump run when ignition turned on, and no spark while cranking (tested by pulling plug wire and gapping to the block). This is a daily driver, has not been sitting. Engine shutdown while driving. Is there an engine shutdown switch or relay that may have failed?
Burlpjones

Is that a 4A-FE motor?

Fixitmr
I'm not sure of the exact engine model but the VIN is JT2AE94K8M3438106 if that will help. It is the original engine.

Burlpjones
With key on do you have 12v power at coil and injector plugs?

Fixitmr
Check for codes?

Fixitmr
12.0V at the coil with the key on. Don't know how to check the codes. I moved and my Haynes book is still packed. Took the oil cap off and looked at the cam gear while turning the engine over and it was not turning. Looks like my timing belt gave up. I've got it now. Thank you.

Burlpjones
Pulling code/s-in the DLC jumper Te-1 to E-1 and count the flashes on the CEL -sample 12 blink pause blink blink

Replacing the timing belt now, but I can't find how to set the timing. I have the crank key set to 12 o'clock, but should the dot on the cam be set at 6 o'clock or 12 o'clock?

Burlpjones
Put the engine no.1 piston on its compression stroke/TDC then align the cam and crank to its markings as indicated in the repair manual

Alright, again, I don't have my Hayne's manual out where I can find it, as I've just moved. I have #1 piston at TDC, where do I set the cam? At 6 or 12?

Burlpjones
# 1 valves should be shut

Fixitmr
Page 1 of 2