HOW TO ADJUST CLUTCH

1991 Toyota Corolla • 110,000 miles

Hi,
I have replaced the clutchplate, pressureplate and release bearing on my toyota corolla 1.3 and now the clutch only engage very low down, infact on the floorboard. How can I adjust the clutch to engage higher.
Many thanks
bertus
Bertus de jager

Have you tried bleeding it? Does pedal feel good?

Fixitmr
If bleeding does not work, try the following.

CLUTCH PEDAL HEIGHT

Pedal height is measured from highest point of pedal pad to area of floor contacted when pedal is fully depressed. Loosen the pedal stop bolt at the top of the pedal assembly to adjust pedal height from floor to the following, 5.71-6.10 ins (145.0-154.9 mm). See Fig. 1.

CLUTCH PEDAL FREE PLAY

1. Push in on clutch pedal until beginning of clutch resistance is felt. Clutch pedal free play should be.20-.59" (5.0-15.0 mm). See
Fig. 2.

2. To adjust free play, loosen the lock nut on master cylinder push rod and turn push rod to obtain the correct pedal free play. See
Fig. 1. Tighten lock nut, and recheck pedal height.

Another thing to consider is engage point will change with wear and it will go from close to floor upwards as it does.

Fixitmr